The Dubois Bucket List
There’s so much to see and do around Dubois!
For a start, see how much you can complete of our Dubois Bucket List. You can also download it here.
1. Find a sheep’s skull embedded in a tree trunk (and much more!) in the Dubois Museum.
2. Make a bead necklace all your own at Tukadeka Traders.
3. Climb (bike or drive) to the top of the Scenic Overlook and locate Ramshorn Peak. Follow the mountain bike path for some exercise with a terrific view.
4. Learn to tell a Bighorn Sheep from a Mountain Goat (and much more!) at the National Bighorn Sheep Interpretive Center.
5. Ride a horse into the wonderful wilderness. (It’s easy to find a ride. Look at www.duboiswyoming.org or ask at the Visitor Center.)
6. Try not to get tangled up in the Square Dance on Friday evening at the Rustic Pine Tavern. Children are more than welcome; they are often the best dancers. (Don’t worry! No experience required. The caller teaches everyone what to do.)
7. Have a picnic in the Town Park. Stroll the lovely River Walk on both sides of the Wind River, and then have a little splash in the water to cool down.
8. Find some native trout at the Fish Hatchery (or in the river).
9. Take a hike in the mountains. Don’t forget sunscreen and bear spray! (Get kitted out at Wind River Gear or SuperFoods.)
10. Snag a bargain or a souvenir at the Opportunity Shop.
11. Take a selfie on the big jackalope, and then see how many other huge wildlife sculptures you can find (and “shoot”) in town.
12. Have a hoot at the authentic small-town rodeo on Friday evening.
Tell us about your favorite find that we left off this list!
Please write us at email@example.com.